Then a quick knife safety for my brother’s kids and away to the woods we go!
Here are the activities:
· Stump pull -- you stand on small stumps and pull your partner off his using a rope... or for team, you stand on a big stump and pull the other team off... these big stumps came clear from Texas.
· Leather work
· Fire building -- the kids used flint and steel to light the cotton ball, then added the tender, kindling and on to the big wood.
· Camp fire lunch
· Knife throwing -- Yes, you read that right! They had rules for all these activities...
· Ax throwing -- Everyone still has all body parts!
· BB gun shooting -- no one lost an eye!
· Colter Run
The Colter Run is: the kids were divided into teams, with three on each team- one to shoot the BB gun, one to throw the ax and one to throw the knife. These were a distance apart, so there was also running involved. You got points for speed, accuracy and had to do it safely. They loved this, then divided themselves into other teams, and ran it again. We need a photographer-- Kate left and no one took pics...
Sometime thru it all, Bigfoot was sighted in the woods.
It was great, but most of the kids took off to kill him with their walking sticks!
One ran back to the adults, saying, ‘I almost peed my pants’.
The untold story is that my oldest grand kid has a gorilla suit and she turned around and saw him, and knew he wasn’t down in the woods, so she was getting out of there.
This was tons of fun. Time to go home, now!