Monday, July 1, 2013

American Girl Doll Dresses!


Once again I find myself sewing with no pattern.  I cut out the dresses, and decided that the dolls didn’t need pockets, they can’t reach them anyway, but just put the trim on like the girls dresses.  There are ¾ sleeves for the 3 dresses and the short sleeves for the other 2.   

As I finished the dresses, I decided that I needed to try them on a doll.  I received a doll, tried on the dress, and then decided that the dolls needed an exposed zipper, also. 

 When I added them, then the dresses were big on the doll.  So I had to take in the dress.  As I was sewing, I had to wonder, who are these people who sew doll clothes for money?  And why am I sewing 5 of the dresses for free?  And why must I fit them to the doll? But, they turned out really cute.  I now know that it will take at least 2 extra days to do doll dresses for Easter.  And a lot of crazy…


 
 

2 comments:

  1. that's a whole lot of crazy!!! but they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!... and you are right..it gets insane around here..

      Delete

pe='text/javascript'>