Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Knock-off Zebra Dress

 My Granddaughters saw this dress in the American Girl Catalogue and really wanted this dress. I checked on it, and it was on back order for 3 months. So I decided to make her one my self, using McCall's 5569, I made it with a zebra satin from Hancock's Fabrics.  I centered the zebra, made the pleats and used an invisible zipper.  Then the girls chose their ribbon and begged for the dolls to get a dress!


To get the doll dress, I used a jumper pattern that I pleated, instead of gathering, the skirt to the yoke. 


They LOVE their dresses!!!

2 comments:

  1. very clever of you ! and you probably saved a lot of money, too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dresses are 1 1/2 years old and look great. They wash well and the satin wasn't too expensive. The original AG dress doesn't hold up as well. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

pe='text/javascript'>